Hi folks! As I’ve said several times before, this course is a first-time experiment (the design and layout, not the subject). I’m probably learning more than you are. As part of the learning process, I’ve made a few minor adjustments to the syllabus and grading/assignments for the course. The total points don’t change – still 300. Points for book review assignment and the graded posts and unit 1 all stay the same. Dates are slightly relaxed for units 2-6 to reflect what we’ve been doing anyway. The changes are mostly:
- Quizzes for units 5, 6, and 7 have been reduced from 10 questions (10 points) to 8 questions (8 points). This reduces total quiz points in course from 75 to 69 points, a reduction from 25% to 23% of total possible.
- Posts for Units 2-8 are changed. Instead of requiring 4 posts for each unit and giving 2.5 points per post, I’ve:
- combined Unit 2, 3, and 4 posts into a requirement for at least 7 posts spread across the 3 units (more are welcome). Each post counts for 4 points, giving 28 points. Target date for completion of Units 2-4 is March 15, the end of spring break.
- combined Unit 5, 6, and 7 posts into a requirement for at least 8 posts spread across the 3 units (more are welcome). Each post counts for 4 points, giving 32 points. Target date for completion of Units 5-7 is April 26. Your book review post does NOT count as one of these posts.
- unit 8 will still have 4 specific-topic posts with each worth 4 points for a total of 16 points.
- Total points for posting for all units is now 5 (unit 1) + 28 (units 2-4) + 32 (units 5-7) + 16 (unit 8) = 81 points, or 26% of total
You can see the changes at the updated syllabus and schedule page. Changes are in red.